S&N Land Surveying (Hudson, WI) and Nelsen Land Surveying (Menomonie, WI) are divisions of Auth Consulting & Associates providing comprehensive surveying services in Wisconsin and the Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota metropolitan area to handle all your surveying needs: routine boundary surveys to complex subdivision plats, rezoning to annexations, ALTA/ACSM land title surveys to agriculture and environmental wetland surveys, and bluffline to mineface location surveys.
- We employ the latest technology to ensure quality results: Global Positioning System (GPS) allows the field crew to collect accurate data and Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software is used in the office to create precise, digital maps that can be easily used by other project participants, no matter where they are located.
- Our survey field crews and office staff can respond quickly to meet “rush” deadlines without incurring the additional “rush” expense. We’ll collaborate with other project participants and represent your interests during the survey approval process at local governmental meetings.
Additionally, you’ll have the resources of Auth Consulting & Associates’ professional engineers, designers, and project management staff available should your project require additional services.
What We Do:
- Boundary Survey, Property Survey, Lot Survey
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Survey
- Certified Survey Maps
- Subdivision Planning, Design, Platting and Staking
- Topographic Surveys
- Easement Surveys
- Construction Staking
- House Site Staking/Plan
- Condominium/CIC Plats
- Assessor’s Plats
- Tax Parcel Maps
- Annexation Maps
- Rezoning Maps
- FEMA Elevation Certificates/LOMAs
- Bluffline Surveys
- Mineface Location Surveys
- Legal Descriptions
- Highway Surveys/Right-of-way Surveys
- Photogrammetry Ground Control
A boundary survey is the determination of where the land you own is located on the ground. It identifies the corners of your property and ensures that your boundaries are clearly known by you and your neighbors.
There are many reasons you might need a boundary survey:
- Buildings planned to be built on the property.
- You buy or sell a piece of property.
- Location of the property corners are unknown or there is a disagreement about the location of a property corner or property line.
- Building Inspectors or other city or county regulations require a survey.
- You plan to divide the property for sale.
Who Can Perform a Boundary Survey?
Only a land surveyor licensed to practice in your state can legally perform a boundary survey.
How Much Do Surveys Cost?
Many factors go into the cost of a survey, including the size of the property, how long it has been since a survey has taken place (if ever), the terrain and your legal description. Typically, we can provide you a rough cost estimate over the phone with a site address and a quick conversation about the property and your needs.
What is an ALTA Survey and Do I Need One?
An ALTA Survey is a survey typically prepared at the request of a bank or other lending institution. In most cases ALTA surveys are not required for residential or personal survey needs. We can guide you to determine if this type of survey is needed for your project.
My Lender Told Me I Need Flood Insurance and a Survey, Can You Help Me?
We perform a number of services related to flood insurance, including LOMA and Elevation Certificates. In most cases these surveys will allow the requirement for flood insurance to be removed or reduce the costs of the insurance.
What Other Services Do You Provide?
In addition to boundary surveying, we perform many other surveying and related civil engineering services. See our Services Page or feel free to Contact us with any other questions about the surveys and our staff will be happy to assist you.